SAMR Image the creation of Dr. Ruben Puentedura, Ph.D. https://www.hippasus.com/rrpweblog/
As a school administrator in COETAIL, I have greatly appreciated being able to apply my learning to my work, even though I’m not in a classroom. In addition, I have found COETAIL to be transformative in numerous aspects of my role of Director of Teaching & Learning at my school.
Some of these include:
- Facilitating professional learning experiences
- Connecting educators for global collaboration
- Connecting educators (and students) with content experts
- Organizing professional resources
- Presenting to faculty and parents
- Collaborating with educators across the globe
The SAMR model is designed for instruction, but I see aspects of the core concepts (redefinition, modification, augmentation, & substitution) that are applicable to school leadership.
Perhaps it’s time for a little remixing and the creation of a new model that combines SAMR and ISTE Standards for Administrators.
Let me know if you are interested in collaborating with me!